PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (Residential & Commercial)
Deadline for application :
Position status : Permanent
This accounting position will be responsible for all facets of the accounting cycle in order to provide timely, accurate & meaningful financial information to the owners for the properties in our real estate portfolio for 10322717 Canada Inc.
• Complete Payable process (entering supplier invoices, producing checks, reconciliation of supplier statements)
• Complete Receivable process (monthly billings, deposits, collections, reconciliation of tenant statements)
• Communication with Tenants, Suppliers to resolve outstanding issues and inquiries
• Daily journal entries entered accurately & in a timely manner to meet deadlines
• Complete general ledger operations • Maintain, analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Prepare analysis of other G/L income and expense accounts as requested
• Daily bank reconciliation and clearing of cheques to make sure control accounts are balanced
• Monthly review and analysis of Trial Balance
• Maintain schedule of Intercompany loans (monthly reconciliation)
• Assist in recording property acquisitions and disposals
• Assist in recording new financing / mortgages as well as maintain summary schedule of mortgages with mthly payments and expiration dates.
• Assist in preparation of property budgets & variance analysis
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements as required
• Preparation of internal ad-hoc reports as required
• Assist in coordination and data collection for internal and external audit.
• Preparation of year end files for the auditors
• Other related duties as is required
• Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent with a major in Accounting, and/or 5-10 years in the Real Estate industry
• Team player, strong interpersonal skills, sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Demonstrates initiative & ability to work with minimal supervision – strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle high volume and deadlines in an ever-changing
• Detail oriented, meticulous, efficient and able to complete assignments with a high level of accuracy and on a timely basis
• Strong technical/analytical accounting skills
• Able to take ownership of position in a growing company
• Computer literate in MS Office and proficient in Excel; knowledge of Yardi Genesis/Voyageur is a MUST
• Perfectly bilingual (English and French)
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package which will be determined in accordance with the candidate’s experience & education.
Send your cv to : email@example.com