This key accounting position will work closely with other accounting team members in providing timely, accurate & meaningful financial information for the various properties in our real estate portfolio.
- Daily journal entries entered accurately & in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Complete general ledger operations
- Maintain, analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare analysis of other G/L income and expense accounts as requested
- Daily bank reconciliation and clearing of cheques to make sure control accounts are balanced
- Monthly review and analysis of Trial Balance
- Maintain schedule of Intercompany loans (monthly reconciliation)
- Commercial Leases & Cam reconciliation & 13th invoices
- Assist in recording property acquisitions and disposals.
- Assist in recording new financing / mortgages as well as maintain summary schedule of mortgages with mthly payments and expiration dates.
- Assist in preparation of property budgets & variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements as required
- Preparation of internal ad-hoc reports as required
- Assist in coordination and data collection for internal and external audit.
- Preparation of year end files for the auditors
- Other related duties as is required
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package which will be determined in accordance with the candidate’s experience & education.
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent with a major in Accounting, and/or 5-10 years in the Real Estate industry
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills, sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Demonstrates initiative & ability to work with minimal supervision – strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle high volume and deadlines in an ever-changing
- Detail oriented, meticulous, efficient and able to complete assignments with a high level of accuracy and on a timely basis
- Strong technical/analytical accounting skills
- Able to take ownership of position in a growing company
- Computer literate in MS Office and proficient in Excel; knowledge of Yardi Voyageur is an asset
- Perfectly bilingual (English and French)
Email your cv to: email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in our company. Only those candidates that are selected will be contacted.