RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Deadline for application :
Position status :
Reporting to the Director of Property management, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the management of residential properties to contribute to the development of Mondev. Acting as leader and team player, the candidate will collaborate with the internal team to supervise, motivate, and support staff on site.
- Manage tenants’ service requests daily, identify the problems and propose solutions, respond to their needs to maintain tenant satisfaction through appropriate communication and great customer service.
- Be available 24/7 as the primary emergency contact to be able to respond to emergency situations.
- Respect and enforce the building regulations by giving verbal and written notices when necessary. Report all infractions to head office.
- Supervise construction projects as required where necessary.
- Efficiently manage according to the expectations, standards, and procedures.
- Inspect properties, facilities, systems, and equipment to ensure proper functioning, and schedule maintenance when required.
- Implement, coordinate, supervise, and follow up on the daily maintenance and operations of buildings and tasks executed by maintenance team and sub-trades, follow up the service work order.
- Evaluate actual and future needs of all assigned buildings and report to owners, especially condition of elevator, roof, ventilation systems and fire alarm.
- Maintain regular and timely documentation of maintenance activities. Supervise with the team on-site the dates and requests for work orders for each building and ensure that all priorities and timelines are respected.
- Make recommendations, tenders (get quotes) and/or negotiate service contracts as needed (monthly, seasonal, yearly) for all buildings in the portfolio to ensure economy of scale.
- Prepare POs for quotes, submit for approval and then issue PO to sub-trades once approved.
- Support the leasing department and ensure the dwellings are ready and clean on time.
- Assist the accounts receivable department for rent collection when needed.
- Prepare the file for any legal proceedings at the Rental Board.
- Responsible for the lease renewals and the rent negotiation.
- Supervise/coordinate/follow up on leasehold improvements/tenant improvements.
- Prepare and submit annual operating and capital budgets for owner approval, including comments and estimations.
- Assist in the preparation of Yearly Budgets for the various buildings.
- Continuously evaluate and compare the Budget against the Actuals and explain the variances.
- Responsible to execute the Property Management policies and procedures.
- Ensure the buildings are following laws and rules (including health and safety, environment, etc.)
- Communicate and resolve of all infractions issued by the Municipality and follow up with city inspectors.
- Any other tasks related or requested by the management.
- Bilingual (English & French) - able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and understand leases.
- Good financial background (ability to create various budgets).
- Excellent knowledge of basic construction/renovation/maintenance and emergency procedures.
- Superior organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills – able to manage resident relationships with professionalism.
- Problem-solver with the ability to listen, understand and respond appropriately.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Yardi (Genesis/Voyageur) an asset.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package which will be determined in accordance with the candidate’s experience & education.
Send your cv to : firstname.lastname@example.org